What is Bonded Asbestos?
Bonded (Class B) asbestos is less immediately dangerous than Class A and is part of a fibre-cement product. The asbestos is in bonded sheets where it’s deeply embedded in a hardened matrix. The sheets may be flat, corrugated or tubular.
As per the Workplace Health and Safety Regulation 2011, an independent competent person is needed to undertake a clearance inspection and issue a clearance certificate following any Class ‘B’ asbestos removal jobs.
Bonded Asbestos Products
- Bonded Vinyl Floor Tiles
- Contaminated Land or Soil
- Down Pipes Drains and Gutters
- External Cladding
- Fires, Floods and Storm Damage
- Gaskets and Rope Seals
- Internal Walls and Ceiling Linings
- Roof Sheeting
- Soffits Fascia’s and Gables